How to use this site
- Logging in as a guest
- Completing a Course
- How to Create an Account and Log On the First Time
- How to Enroll in a Course
- How to find your courses
- How to Remove yourself from a course
- Your Profile
- How to post / reply posts in Forums
- How to Access Moodle on Mobile
- Getting more Help
- Extra Resources
- How to Get Involved
LLOOF is a free access platform providing educational material about farming and sustainability created by WWOOF / FoWO. It has been developed with Moodle open source software, thus all the information is available in courses/units classified into Categories. You may join in any courses following your own rithm and interest, being able to participate/share with others in different activities (forums, comments...).
It is an evolving, on going project in which you are invited to participate to improve it.
Logging in as a Guest
You can use and navigate any of the LLOOF courses as a guest. When you click on a course/unit, instead of logging in or registering, click on "Log in as a guest" Link.
While you can see the course content, there are some things you cannot do as a guest. For example, you cannot post to forums or complete quizzes or feedback.
Completing a Course
Marking a course as complete means you can keep a track of which courses you have done and what you are yet to finish. On the right hand side on courses, there is a link that says "complete course" in a side block.
How to Create a Moodle Account and Log On the First Time
While you do not need to register to access LLOOF, you do not need to, but there are advantages of doing so, including tracking which courses you are studying and posting to forums.
We do not sell on your data, or use it spam you. You can also opt-out of receiving emails from us in your profile.
If you want to create an account on the LLOOF site, it is easy to do:
- Go to the home page at http://lloof.eu
- Click the "Create new account" on the LOGIN panel or on the screen appearing after you click at the top menu "Login" link.
- Complete the form and click "Create my new account" button.
- A message will be sent to your email account - if you can't see it, check your spam folder. It will come from an email account at wwoof.net domain
- Go to your email account, open the confirmation message and click on the web address as directed to confirm your registration.
How to Enroll in a Course/Unit
- Click on the course title you wish to join.
- In the box on the right under "Administration", click "Enroll me in this course".
- Click "Enroll me" button in the next screen (you will receive a confirmation email).
How to Find your Courses
If you are enrolled in any courses already, they should appear in the "My Units" menu at the top of the Moodle site.
How to Remove yourself from a course
To unenroll yourself from a course, go into the course and click "Unenrol me from
Your profile is your identity on LLOOF. All Moodle users can see it, including your instructors. Your profile also contains your email, but other users cannot see it. Other students can only see basic information on your profile like name, country, and city.
To Edit Your Profile
To view your profile, click on your name next to the "Logout" link at the top of the screen, or anywhere else that your name appears as a link. Then, click the "Edit profile" tab.
There are several settings that are accessible from your profile that will help make your use of Moodle more productive. Note some of the following setting are available from your dashboard, under "My units" in the top menu.
Forum auto-subscribe: If you select yes for this it will mean that when you post a message to a forum, you will be subscribed to that forum and receive email copies of all messages for that forum. You may unsubscribe from forums if you wish as well.
Email digest type: You may choose to receive all emails from Moodle in one daily message. There is also the option to receive either the complete message or just the Subjects from forums you subscribe to.
Forum tracking: If it is enabled on your Moodle site it will highlight unread forum messages so you can easily see what is new.
You can also change your user icon by browsing for a picture next to the "New Picture" field. Please keep the picture small, about 100x100 pixels, and 500kb or less in size. Please use either GIF. PNG or JPG format. This profile picture is visible to other people on the site, so please bear that in mind.
To post a new thread in a forum, click the link, then click the "Add a new discussion topic" button at the top of the list of threads. Give the thread a title in the "Subject" heading, and type your post in the "Message" section. If you want to receive emails of every post to the forum, set it to "Send me email copies of posts to this forum." If not, set it to "I don´t want email copies of posts to this forum". After you´ve posted, you will have 30 minutes to edit your post.
To reply to a thread, click on the name of the thread in the forum, and click the "Reply" link at the bottom right of the post you want to reply to. The fields are the same as they are for making a new thread.
You can change whether you're subscribed to a given forum at any time by clicking on the top bar at "This course > Forums", then in the list appearing, click under "Subscribed" column the corresponding button. It serves as a toggle. Once inside a forum you can also individually subscribe/subscribe to any specific debate.
How to Access Moodle on Mobile
You can access the course on your mobile or tablet. Click on
- On Android click on the Google Play app
- On iPhone click on the App Store
- On Windows click on the Store link. Search for Moodle Mobile. Click on the link that appears to install the app. After installing the app, enter "lloof.eu" as the url and your usual username and password.
Getting More HelpIf you want to know anything more about Moodle, try looking it up on http://www.moodle.org/. You can ask for help about this site specifically using the Contact menu at top.
Available in the top navigation bar
- PDF Guide to Organic Farming: This document contains general information in a single PDF document (per language). You can use this to download and study without interacting with the Moodle system, or for using when you do not have an internet connection and cannot access Moodle
- English / French / Spanish Organic Agriculture Dict: This contains a list of terms used in organic agriculture translated into English, French and Spanish
- Multilingual Glossary: Lists various many basic words and terms translated into various European languages
- LLOOF Youtube Channel
How to Get Involved
The WWOOF/LLOOF project runs on volunteers - we depend on people to get involved to run! If you are interested, check out the Get Involved page and get in touch if you want to be part of our movement.